Thursday 7 March 2013

Inquiry Title



Finally after weeks of contemplation I have finally found an alternative way to word my Inquiry title. I have learnt from Alan that grammar is a very important aspect of this inquiry and that the wording that I use can potentially affect the way I conduct my inquiry. From my observations at the youth centre I know that I want my inquiry to be based on girls and their behaviour in different environments. I spent most of this afternoon pondering how to word my inquiry question, after numerous attempts of wording the question I began to change the way I was thinking.
Various questions came to mind on how I could restructure my question.


  • ·         How can I structure a sentence that will be understandable?


  • ·         What wording can be used to explain what I aim to inquire?



 With those question in mind I began to ask myself what do I want my inquiry to be about, I readout my previous question to see how it sounded. It seem to lack resolution, I looked back at my notes from today’s meeting with Paula and Alan. Alan mentioned that I should look into Social Psychology 


  • Could the word social be a more comprehensible word to use rather than environment?


I aim to explore the way girls behave when they are in around their peers; I want to be able to understand why they may behave in particular ways.

Previous question

Is there a link between the change in environment (surroundings) and the behaviour of Young Women?

My Inquiry question:
How can social surrounding affect the way girls behave?


No comments:

Post a Comment